The St. Louis Animal Emergency Clinics of greater St. Louis are seeking qualified applicants for veterinarians and other positions. We currently operate two clinics both of which are 24 hours / 7 days a week. We accept cases from approximately 200 referring hospitals from the surrounding area.
Our caseload is extensive, unique and varied. The work environment is enjoyable and fulfilling. Our goal is to provide compassionate and high quality care for our patients, clients and referring hospitals. Our support staff is very competent and works closely with the doctors.
If you are seeking a position to develop your skills and build confidence, looking to see a vast case load in a short time, have mentorship and guidance, practice medicine as you were trained and be appreciated for a job well done then please contact me so we can speak about possible options:
The St. Louis Animal Emergency Clinics
9937 Big Bend Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63122
The Animal Emergency Clinic is looking for an Emergency Veterinarian to join our newly renovated, well-equipped, established hospitals in St. Louis and O’Fallon, MO. We are happy to consider a new graduate and have a mentored training program to support you as you enter emergency medicine.
Our highly qualified team delivers compassionate, comprehensive care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are able to focus solely on emergency medicine as we do not offer primary care. With an in house laboratory, digital radiology, fully equipped surgery suites and an on-call radiologist, we are able to provide efficient treatment for any type of emergency. While we primarily see canine and feline patients, on occasion we treat pocket pets as well.
Being named, “one of the best places to live”, O’Fallon offers a fun, safe family environment with exceptional school districts and activities. With St. Louis only 40 minutes away, there are beautiful walking and biking trails, shops of all kinds, and fun interactive community events. The St. Louis Zoo and Botanical Gardens are a must see!
We offer a full range of benefits, including insurance, 401k, CE and uniform allowance. We recognize that working hard is balanced by time away from the practice to enjoy friends, fun, and time with family. To apply for this position, please apply online at www.petvetcareers.com or contact Dr Shannon Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restraining small animals
- Patient care including but not limited to taking vitals (temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate) of small animals, administering medications
- Intravenous catheter placement and monitoring of fluid therapy
- Taking and processing radiographs
- Preparing animals for surgery, monitoring patient during surgery including anesthesia
- Cleaning and setting up cages and runs
- General cleaning including vacuuming, mopping, emptying trash, scrubbing trash bins, laundry
- Setting up for and assisting with surgery
- Setting up and assisting with various procedures including GDVs, FUS cats, thoracocentesis
- Keeping supplies stocked
- Drawing blood
- Running laboratory tests
- Working as receptionist at front desk
- Running the computer program to enter client and patient information
- Handling credit cards, checks, cash
- Answer phones
- Applying concepts of triage
- Filling prescriptions
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Other duties that the veterinarian deems necessary
- Group Insurance – Medical, Life, & Dental
- Vacation and PTO
- Financial Reimbursement for Continuing Education
- Employee Discount
- Premium for Overnight Shift
- 401K Program
- Section 125
How to Apply For a Position at Either of Our Locations
Download and complete this employment form, and mail or fax to:
St. Louis Animal Emergency Clinic
c/o Amy Miller
9937 Big Bend Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63122
Fax: (314) 822-5348
Or you may come in and fill out an employment form at either of our locations.
Questions? Please call 314-822-7531 and ask for Amy.